|First Appearance:||Superman #12 (December, 1987)|
|Created by:||John Byrne|
Atlantean Biological Adaptation
Curse of Kordax
Ronal was a young physician living in Tritonis, who used magic to heal a wounded Lori Lemaris. Eventually, he and Lori were married, but his dabbling with dark magic eventually drove him mad. He attacked the other merfolk with his form-altering power, including Lori. She sought out assistance from Superman, who ultimately stopped Ronal and his mutated sea creatures. When Superman destroyed Ronal's staff, the wizard was apparently turned to stone.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation
- Magic Manipulation:Ronal possesses vast knowledge of Atlantean Magic, and sorcery, through which he can alter the size strength and ferocity of sea creature
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Durability
- Curse of Kordax: Though it is suggested that Ronal controls sea creatures through sorcery, his blond hair, is a sign in Atlantean Lore that he, like Aquaman, S'ona, and Kordax, likely has the ability to control sea creatures through telepathic persuasions.
- Master Swimmer
- Physician Ronal was a skilled, albeit unconventional, physician in Atlantis. He augmented medicine with magic.
- Black Staff Magical wooden staff shaped like an eel, which granted shape-altering powers.