|Portrayed by:||Kath Soucie|
Mera is Aquaman's wife, the Queen of Atlantis.
At the banquet later that day, she informed Aqualad, Tula and her brother-in-law Prince Orm that she and Aquaman were expecting their first child.
The festivities however were cut short that night as Atlantis was attacked by Black Manta. Despite her pregnancy and the pleas of her subjects to get to safety for the sake of herself and the child, Queen Mera helped in defending her people, with her impressive magical and water manipulating abilities.
In Young Justice #14: "Under the Surface...", Mera was elated to meet Aqualad's friends, Miss Martian and Superboy, when he brought them for a visit to Atlantis. Orm thought it wiser to limit her time with strangers, since she carried the future ruler of the realm.
Asleep in her quarters, Mera was attacked by purists. Ocean-Master stunned her with his trident, and ordered the purists to take her to his hideout.
In Young Justice #15: "...Here There be Monsters", Mera was chained to a table in front of Ocean-Master's throne. Despite her pleas for her life and that of her unborn child, the villain drained her of her life-force and magic. He admitted to her that his plan was not purely to rid Poseidonis of its impure elements, but to cause a civil war. It was overheard by Ronal, who with Aqualad and his friends' help, turned the tide. Mera was freed, and restored to full power when Garth's tempest power caused Ocean-Master to lose grip of the trident. Mera was safe, but Ocean-Master got away.
With her husband back at her side, Mera thanked Aqualad and his friends for saving her life.
In "Auld Acquaintance", Queen Mera helped create cure-tech that could negate the effects of Starro-tech.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Atlantean Physiology
- Superhuman Strength: As an Atlantean, Mera possesses above average superhuman strength.
- Enhanced Durability: She is able to withstand high water pressure.
- Underwater Breathing
- Sorcery: Mera is the headmistress of the Conservatory, and a teacher herself.
- Electricity generation: Mera has the power to generate electricity from the eel tattoos on her arms, which she can channel through water or use as a direct offense against opponents.
- Hydrokinesis: Mera is able to manipulate water to serve any number of uses: water blasts, whips, waves, shields, or water spouts to lift her off the ocean floor.
- Hard-water constructs: Mera has the unique ability to solidify water into a myriad of different weapons for physical attacks and protectiveness as well. For example, she created a manta-shaped shield as well as a giant octopus whose tentacles were used for defensive and offensive purposes.
- Young Justice #5: "What's the Story?" (flashback)
- Young Justice #14: "Under the Surface..."
- Young Justice #15: "...Here There be Monsters"