|First Appearance:||Atlantis Chronicles #4 (June,1990)|
|Created by:|| Peter David|
|Affiliations:||Atlantean Royal Family|
|Abilities:|| Superhuman Strength|
Atlantean Biological Adaptation
Acess to Clear
Kordax was born Millennia ago; c.10,000 BC. The Atlantean sorcerer Shalako’s son, Dardanus, blamed King Orin 1 for the fate of his father and raped King Orin’s daughter, Cora (his own cousin), thus siring Kordax. Born with blond hair and green scales, Kordax was abandoned at birth due to his grotesque body. Nonetheless, he survived in the ocean thanks to his mental control over sea creatures until he was found by his wicked father Dardanus several years later.
As an adult influenced by Dardanus, Kordax went on to lead the Tritonians against the Poseidonians in battle, utilizing his awesome control over sea life in an epic battle. Kordax was defeated and his punishment included the loss of his left hand (replaced with a sword) and banishment. All Atlantean children born with blond hair are said to have the "Curse of Kordax" (Aquaman was one such child and was also thus abandoned at birth to die). He left with hatred for both the people of Poseidonis and Tritonis for whom he had fought.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Speed
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation: The Atlanteans are an offshoot of humanity that is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means that can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water.
- Amphibian: Kordax has gills and can breathe in water as well as on land.
- Marine Telepathy: He can communicate with sea life telepathically and control their actions.
- Longevity: Kordax has lived for many years.
- Master Swimmer
- Swordsman (Advanced)
- Skilled Combatant
- Body Armor
- Golden Sword: His left arm has been replaced with a golden sword.