|Real name:||Arion of Atlantis|
|Relative(s):|| Calculha (Father; Deceased)|
Dark Majistra (Mother; Deceased)
unnamed twin brother (unknown)
Uvian (alleged daughter;deceased)
unnamed alleged sons (deceased)
|First Appearance:||Blue Beetle #7 (2016)|
|Created by:||Keith Griffin, Scott Kolins, Romulo Fajardo Jr.|
|Affiliations:||Formerly Atlantis & Master of Mordecai Cull|
|Occupation(s):||Formerly Lord of Atlantis|
Arion is a powerful Atlanean sorcerer and former Lord of Atlantis. Resurfacing in the modern day, he is an insane enemy to both Doctor Fate and the Blue Beetle.
Sealing the Dark GiantsEdit
When the world was under the control of the Dark Giants, Arion assembled all the mystics within the world and with their help, created the White Gate. The gates were form by the Alabaster Column, four stones imbued with the might of all civilizations of Earth at that time and buried it deep within the ocean near Atlantis, sealing away the elder gods.
Encounter with Doctor FateEdit
Thousands of years ago, Arion had encountered the Blue Beetle Scarab and was driven insane from it's contact, coming to believe it needed the scarab to prevent a calamity to Atlantis. While Doctor Fate battled the entity in the Scarab in Egypt, he encountered Arion and battled him. With the scarab escaped, Doctor Fate had resorted to sealing away Arion.
Having found the current Blue Beetle holder, Jaime Reyes, he sends his servant Mordcai Cull to retrieve it though he is unsuccessful in his endeavor. Using his limited influence and Mordecai, he is successful in luring Doctor Fate, Jaime, and the Blue Beetle Scarab near the sealing grounds of his imprisonment as well as separate Jaime's soul from his body to give the scarab full control.
As Doctor Fate fights the Scarab, it releases Jaime from it's body. As an act of mercy and gratitude for ushering his return, Arion uses his influence to merge his body with his soul and feeds off the energy from Fate and the Scarab, enabling him to break through his imprisonment. With his newfound power, he defeats Doctor Fate and begins transforming the Earth into his dark image. He then bonds with the Blue Beetle Scarab and is empowered further from it and tears through the dimension barriers into the known world. He then begins to casts a global enchantment and calls upon Jaime's assistance by using the spark of energy he retained from his unique bond with the Scarab, controlling his body into doing so. However, Jaime manages to break through Arion's telepathic powers and regain control of his Scarab and re-bond with it. Arion is severely weakened after being forcibly stripped of the scarab.
Attempting to combat Doctor Fate once more, he is instead knocked out by a cannon blast from Jaime and is taken by Doctor Fate.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Atlantean Sorcery: Arion is an extremely powerful sorcerer, capable of sealing away the Dark Giants behind what is known as the White Gate and battle the likes of Doctor Fate twice in combat without the assistance of other artifacts.
- Transformation: During his time in being sealed by Doctor Fate, Arion had went performed a grotesque transformation seemingly at will. This transformation allows him to take the form of a larger, dark being.
- Unique Physiology: In his transformed state, he can use his tongue offensively to snare his targets.
- Retrocognition: Arion is capable of seeing the history of the Earth after exiting from his imprisonment.
- Power Absorption: Arion can absorb the energies from Doctor Fate and the cosmic energies that reside within the Blue Beetle Scarab to empower himself.
- Eldritch Blast
- Dimensional Travel
- Soul Manipulation
- Immortality: Arion has been alive for millennia of years and despite that, shows no sign of obvious old age.
- Occultism: Arion possess immense knowledge of the occult and understands much of the Blue Beetle Scarab's true power.
- Insanity: According to Doctor Fate, contact with the Blue Beetle Scarab from centuries ago has caused Arion to slip into madness.
Blue Beetle Scarab (Former): Arion has bonded with the Blue Beetle Scarab several times in his life. While bonded with it, he can siphon it's occult and cosmic energies to empower himself. With it's power, he was capable of generating a magic storm, defeat Doctor Fate, and perform a powerful enchantment on a global level.
- Assuming some pre-flashpoint (New Earth) elements are intact, his unnamed brother is the Prime Earth's version of Garn Daanuth.
- ↑ Blue Beetle #7 (2016)
- ↑ Secret Six #8 (2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Blue Beetle #7 (2016)
- ↑ Blue Beetle (2016) #5
- ↑ Blue Beetle (2016) #6
- ↑ Blue Beetle #8 (2016)
- ↑ Blue Beetle #9(2016)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Blue Beetle #10 (2016)
- ↑ Blue Beetle #11 (2016)
- ↑ Secret Six #8 (2015)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named